Do you want to pursue a doctorate degree? If so, the McNair Program is for you! The services provided are designed to prepare rising juniors (and some rising seniors) who demonstrate academic potential, with the research and scholarship skills necessary for entry into doctoral studies. Rutgers McNair Scholars have gone on to attend and receive doctoral degrees from some of the most prestigious institutions in the nation, including Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Princeton, Cornell, University of California—Berkeley, University of Wisconsin-Madison, University of Michigan, University of Cambridge, and Stanford University.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Either a low-income, first-generation college student, and/or from a group historically underrepresented in graduate education
- Must be in a competitive academic standing
- Strong interest in pursuing a doctoral education
- Must have successfully completed a minimum of 54 credits by the start of the summer institute