Funded by the New Jersey Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF), Graduate Education Preparation targets sophomores, juniors, and seniors enrolled in any Rutgers University EOF program across New Brunswick, Newark, and Camden campuses. The program is design to increase student interest in the exploration of graduate school (i.e. masters, doctorate, or professional degree). The goal is to cultivate interest, engage exploration, and encourage pursuit of graduate school.
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
- A matriculating undergraduate sophomore, junior, or senior
- 2.75 GPA or higher
- Enrolled in a Rutgers – New Brunswick EOF program (must meet EOF eligibility requirements)
- Must receive recommendation and approval from school EOF Director
- Complete application
- Attend pre-summer institute meeting (spring semester)
- Expense-paid experience, including lodging and meals
- Earn a stipend
- Exposure to a wide-variety of graduate and professional degree programs
- Network and building connections among professionals, faculty, graduate students, and alumni
- Engage in workshops that provide information on graduate applications, admission, resume, curriculum vitae, personal statement writing, funding graduate school, how to cultivate relationships for letters of recommendation and references, public speaking, and entrance exam information and more
- Explore graduate school options.
- Emphasize the possibilities and benefits of graduate education.
- Demystify application processes for graduate school.